Tuesday, 9 December 2008

A Phrase

Recently, I always come across with a phrase, which introduced by my ethic lecturer. He said: "Good judgment comes from experience, and Experience comes from bad judgment." At first, I feel that this is just another normal phrase that come across to me. However, when I think deeply and understand this phrase better, I noticed that this phrase is really really meaningful and useful to all of us.

Undeniable, experience is important for us to become more mature and make better decision in later time. Experience can be a good guidance for us to avoid from making the same mistake again. Nevertheless, we might misused the experience that we gained from the pass, especially when the pass experience was not in our favor. In this case, the experience that we got might become a hindrance for us when we are facing the same situation again because our bad experience will definitely narrow up our mind and influence us to make a good judgment. In the other side, bad experience can help us to think more carefully and thoroughly to evade any repetition of tragedy. It depends on how we gonna use the experience that we gained for later decision making. Proper using of experience will lead to good judgment but unsuitable using of experience might lead to bad judgment too. I hope you will not narrow up your mind and afraid of making wise decision.

Everything has two side: good and bad of course. For example, liability is good if properly managed, but liability is bad if we let liability aging and no liquidate it as fast as possible.(sorry tat I can only think of this accounting example and I hope u guys can understand it.Bo bian I'm future accountant and my mind is full of these.Paiseh.) A optimistic person will think of the good side while a pessimistic person will think of the bad side. Of course we need to think of the good side always to make our life better and happier. In order to think optimistically, two members of sk39 who are AKS and OP recommended me a book titled "The Secret". But very sad to say tat I have no money to buy such an expensive book to read. Haha. Anyway, I guess it's a very nice book for all of us to have a look.

Today Soon impressed me by a phrase:" 接受事实,做出改变." Haha. I'm glad that u can cope to changes so well. Really proud of u mate.

Sorry for the wordy post but I hope you all can really get some inspirations from it. Perhaps I myself might not understand well too. Haha.

Good Day Everyone!

p/s: Ricky Wong Mun Kit must read word by word!!Ming Long say de!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm... i do agree with ur post! a meaningful one...

btw, u wan the secret? i got the e-book.. in pdf format de...

Anonymous said...

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Lilian, how are you !

OMG i was trying to post my new photos lately but the connection is just too bad and i gave up

word verification : achie

Anonymous said...

haha.. i m fine here, but bored sometimes... now holiday, in KT lor! will starts my practical training dis jan...

hmmm, u dun so fast giv up... go try and upload d pics again! haha~

take k..

Anonymous said...

Long,

Remember what Sk39 always say? Brotherhood, its for life. We, members from sk39, mean it.

We have walked different paths. Everyone, there lies no difference within men. I believe once we assume that our experience(s) is more than others, it leads us wrong, cause you are searching for what make you special. It, the thing that makes you odd, has made you so picky. Are you picking the experience? So, you are lack of experience then. Learn it and this is the way i'm being optimistic - Stop comparing.

Today, I want everyone to say this. "WE LOVE YOU, MING LONG."

Live life!

Anonymous said...

sk39 is a cult?

word verification : proppers

why I keep seeing these weird verification words all the time

Lady Schwarz said...

Experience is the name everyone gives to his mistakes. ~Oscar Wilde, Lady Windemere's Fan, 1896

nicely put, ML~

Unknown said...

Thanks Cindy. I post ur poem in my latest post. Hehe.

I read ur blog too. Nice one. C u again. Take care.